50th Birthday Parties
On arrival, everyone dresses as servants to do some of the household chores, perhaps prepare a dessert, have a chamber pot race, set the table, light the fire under the watchful eye of the butler, with the emphasis very much on fun rather than work!
We then move to the dressing room and everyone changes attire to become lords and ladies before moving upstairs to the drawing room for some parlour games, a traditional dance and of course a few photos for the society pages where we guarantee fun and laughter aplenty.
We have costumes for everyone, both servants and gentry (ladies and gentlemen)– and the dressing up alone is quite an event with laughter aplenty and we do have a wide range of costumes in all shapes and sizes!
We finish with afternoon tea in the dining room—where you have the honour of being the guests at a rather grand party.
We promise that you will have a different party that will stay in the memory long after you have left Richmond House. Just take a look at what our past visitors have to say about us!
It is with great joy that we welcome you to a very grand celebration – afternoon tea will be served approximately two hours after you arrive at Richmond House.
There are treats aplenty including the obligatory delicate finger sandwiches. We have numerous gluten-free options. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Home-made brown soda bread with a selection of toppings
- smoked salmon, apple with a twist of kiwifruit,
- Clonard House chutney, cheddar and pickles
Fresh finger sandwiches
- cucumber and paprika cream cheese,
- traditional ham,
- free range egg and spring onion
- Homemade Profiteroles with chocolate
- Meringues treats
- Traditional shortbread
- Freshly cut strawberries dipped in milk chocolate
- Delicious apple and lemon cake made by the servants from the agency!
Our dinner event is a real gastronomic treat – When you are still downstairs dressed as servants we serve canapés so your experience is not marred by hunger pangs!
- Homemade root vegetable broth with a selection of fresh breads
A selection of crackers
- Brussels paté with red pepper flakes
- A combination of Wensleydale cheeses with chutney and spring onion
- Pesto rosso with red grapes
Once the gentry have dressed for the occasion, dinner is served in the dining room.
For the main course we have so far offered the following – all to very positive reviews. We would ask you to pick two of these that you can have as a choice on the night.
- Old-fashioned pepperpot beef with champ potatoes
- Roast supreme of chicken, herb stuffing wrapped in bacon with red wine jus served with roast vegetables and baby new potatoes
- Poached salmon with lemon and dill butter sauce on a bed of roast root vegetables and baby new potatoes
- Vegetarian Option – Melody of Mediterranean vegetables, pesto and feta cheese tart served with champ and new potatoes
For dessert we serve the apple and lemon cake which was made earlier by the servants from the agency! It is quite delicious with custard and caramel sauce, fresh fruit coulis and vanilla ice-cream.
All of our main courses can be cooked with gluten free ingredients. Please let us know if you have any other dietary requirements.
Before your event we will ask you to choose two of the main courses above and to let us know how many vegetarians will attend so everyone is catered for on the night.
You are very welcome to bring along your own selection of beverages and we do not charge corkage fees.